Privacy, Cookies and Terms
Welcome to SapphireView
By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Our Services are very diverse, so sometimes additional terms or product requirements (including age requirements) may apply. Additional terms will be available with the relevant Services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services.
Using our Services
- You must follow any policies made available to you within the Services.
- Do not misuse our Services. For example, do not interfere with our Services or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
- Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Do not remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
- Our Services display some content that is not SapphireView’s. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. But that does not necessarily mean that we review content, so please don’t assume that we do.
- In connection with your use of the Services, we may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of those communications.
- Some of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use such Services in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
- You may need an account in order to use some of our Services.
- To protect your account, keep your password confidential.
- You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Account.
- Try not to reuse your Account password on third-party applications. If you learn of any unauthorized use of your password or account, contact us.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
- Our policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that SapphireView can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies.
- We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringes according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- We provide information to help copyright holders manage their intellectual property on-line. If you think somebody is violating your copyrights and want to notify us, refer to our contact page.
Your Content in our Services
- Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
- When you upload, stream, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give SapphireView (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones . This license continues even if you stop using our Services. Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also , in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
- Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
About Software in our Services
- When a Service requires or includes download-able software, this software may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available. Some Services may let you adjust your automatic update settings.
- SapphireView gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software provided to you by SapphireView as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by SapphireView, in the manner permitted by these terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
- Open source software is important to us. Some software used in our Services may be offered under an open source license that we will make available to you. There may be provisions in the open source license that expressly override some of these terms.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
- We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
- You can stop using our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. SapphireView may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
- We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to such data is important. If we discontinue a Service, where reasonably possible, we will give you reasonable advance notice.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
- We provide our Services using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
- OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER SAPPHIREVIEW NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS PROVIDE FOR CERTAIN WARRANTIES, LIKE THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
Liability for our Services
- WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, SAPPHIREVIEW, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SAPPHIREVIEW, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
- IN ALL CASES, SAPPHIREVIEW, AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
Business uses of our Services
- If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify SapphireView and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
About these Terms
- We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes will not apply retroactively and will become effective no sooner than fourteen days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should discontinue your use of that Service.
- If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict. These terms control the relationship between SapphireView and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
- If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
- If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA, and you and SapphireView consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
- For contact information please visit our contact page . If you submit feedback, suggestions, or any other form of communications about our Services or SapphireView, we may use your communication without obligation to you.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better experience to you and all of our users. We collect information in two ways:
Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an account. When you do, we ask for personal information like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to enter publicly visible profile, which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services you use and your usage patterns. This information includes:
We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number. Some of our services may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Account.
Log in formation
When you use our services, we automatically collect and store certain information in our services.
- Details of how you used our service, such as your interactions, events, viewpoints, comments.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Account.
- Location information
When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors.
- Local storage
- We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
How we use information we collect
- We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones and to protect SapphireView and our users. Our automated systems analyze your interactions (including events, and views) as well as content (including your chats) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized view experiences, auto generated videos as well as recommendations.
- We may use the name you provide for your Account across all of the services we offer that require an Account.
- When you contact SapphireView, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experiences and the overall quality of our services.
Transparency and choice
- People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Visit your Account Information for settings that allow you to control the collection of personal information.
- View and edit your account information and settings.
- Adjust your profile name, picture and other publically available information.
- You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us . However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it is in the public domain and may be indexable by search engines.
Accessing and updating your personal information
- You have access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
- Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free , except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SapphireView unless one of the following circumstances applies:
For Order Management
We share personal information to providers as needed for management of orders as well as supported in promotions.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of SapphireView if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SapphireView, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- Restrict access to personal information to employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities